Afternoon folks! I’m afraid, with work commitments and a busy long weekend away for Easter, I wasn’t quite able to come up with the most exciting DIY tutorials for this week. I do however, have this easy DIY key ring project that you can make out of ribbon and takes literally five minutes to make! To be honest, it may seem rather uninteresting but since I’ve been de-cluttering and redecorating our flat over the last couple of months, I have found this so incredibly useful when organising all the set of keys we seem to have lying about! And instead of sticking on those horrid plastic key rings I decided to make something out of ribbon…..and this is the result of a quick-fix solution! :)
You will need:
- Ribbons (I used some lovely striped ones by Jane Means)
- Glue gun or any kind of adhesive for fabric
- set of keys (however many you have)
- Measure out the length of ribbon you think you’ll need for your keys. Remember they have to be doubled over to create a loop so make sure you accommodate that! I cut out roughly 15cm which when doubled up, became roughly around 7cm.
- String the cut piece of ribbon of your desired length through the metal ring and fasten down the ends using the glue gun. Your keys should now be held by this loop of ribbon
- Now, to prevent your keys from sliding about on the ribbon, I placed a pea-sized dollop of glue on the ribbon about half a centimetre away from the metal ring) and pressed the ribbon together until fastened. Alternatively, you can run it under a sewing machine (where I’ve shown the dotted line) to secure the keys in place. Feel free to add any further embellishments to jazz it up further.
And that’s it. It does exactly what it says on the tin! :) I know it’s not the most exciting but I do find it useful when you are limited with time or resources….and it does look much nicer than some random plastic thing! Well, I do hope to have some funkier projects in store for you in the coming weeks so stay tuned for those! In the meantime, I hope you have fun crafting this week! Keep me posted with any #craftwithMolu antics you get up to! :)
Much love x x x