And here’s another one I made, that will be available on my Etsy shop later today. This piece is bigger than the one in my last post, measuring 30 x 40 cm. White card stock is used for the cutout piece which is mounted on recycled brown card – a more neutral and organic look. Again, this can be done in different colours (for both the cut-out piece and the backing board) so if you fancy something custom-made for whatever the occasion, simply drop me a line via my ‘contact page‘.
Well then, I now officially know
NINE TWELVE (!) lovely ladies (friends + family) all due this year which means I need to start racking my brains for more ideas on what to make for these bubbas that are about to enter this world sometime this year. I know my heart is set on making them something they can use but that can be doubled up as a wee treasured keepsake too. I also know that I intend on using my sewing machine (part of my new years resolution as you saw in my previous post!) whatever I chose to do! So while I sit and doodle out ideas, here are a few inspirational handmade creations that I spotted online that are great for the little ones…if you are, like me, looking for something bespoke to give as presents. Maybe this could even help the mummys-to-be to try their hand at something creative while they wait for their tiny arrivals! :) Which ones do you like? Or have you any ideas of your own you’d like to share? xx
- beautifully detailed paper cut out art work that can be personalised with the baby’s details, by Modo Creative. I’d love to give this a go myself!!
- I love the simple d.i.y. details for this nursery by Ed Grimes on Project Nursery, particularly the personalised wall art!
- Framed personalised alphabet picture for boys by Milly & Pip on Notonthehighstreet.com
- Personalised Plates in Melamine that incorporates illustrations of your little one – by Etsy seller, Olliegraphic
- Customised baby plate with birth info by Little Peach Print Co on Etsy – I love their hand drawn illustrations!!
- Rufus Rabbit Melamine Gift set for girls by The Little Blue Owl on Notonthehighstreet.com
- Crocheted Stripey Bunny by Linden French on Notonthehighstreet.com
- Handmade Baby Mobile using Felt by Etsy seller, Drops Of Color Shop. They have a lovely range of baby mobiles from woodland creatures, monsters, superheros and more. Do check them out!
- cute, bespoke miniature animal toys by Asher Jasper on Etsy. Aren’t they simply adorable and oh-so-creative!!? They are made from pure merino/mohair wool blend and using a labour intensive process called needle felting.
- Owl-shaped patchwork cushions by Angie Art Studio that can be personlised by adding the you child’s name. You can buy her cushions on here.
- More cushions in the form of cute woodland creatures by Savage Seeds on Etsy. They are also Eco-friendly; made from Eco Felt- 100% recycled post consumer plastic bottles and Stuffed with Bamboo Nature-Fil Fiber!
- There are so many ways to be creative when designing and making personalised cushions and I must say I do personally like these for being quite different in that the embroidered designs (which are freehand machine embroidered!) look like they have been ‘hand-drawn’ by children themselves. you can find more of these lovely cushions by Seabright Designs (a husband and wife team) on Notonthehighstreet.com
- I LOVE this set of baby ‘bow tie’ onesies by The Wishing Elephant on Etsy. Just goes to show that a simple design or gesture can be just as fun and creative!
- Creative capes for the little ‘uns which I think are absolutely adorable – by The Lazy Owl found on Etsy and facebook.
- adorable hand-knitted cupcake hat by Savvy Stuff, on Etsy.